Are you going on a walking holiday with Sherpa Van luggage transfers?
Take a photo, tell us about your favourite moment along the trail & be in a chance to win 5x1 bag luggage transfers with Sherpa Van.
*Terms and conditions apply as per below.
Terms & Conditions
1. Instructions on how to enter form part of these conditions of entry. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry.
2. Eligibility: The promotion is open to anyone whose work has never been previously published in a national publication. Employees of the competition promoter, sponsors associated with this promotion and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Professional photographers are also ineligible to enter.
3. Promotion period: The period for entering and voting for a photo in our 2018 promotion commences 01 March 2018 and closes at midnight 15 October 2018 Greenwich Meantime. The winner will be contacted by email or via Facebook between 18-23 October 2018 and advertised publicly during the same dates on the promoter’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
4. Enter digitally only: To enter the competition you must submit your image(s) plus related quote(s) (no limit) via a post on the Sherpa Van Facebook page (facebook.com/sherpavan) or via email to email@example.com. Postal submissions will not be accepted, or returned. Each individual image must be accompanied with one unique quote.
5. Entry validity: Photos must be of a destination that features along the Sherpa Van luggage transfer route. They do not have to be taken on a Sherpa Van trip. Images entered that do not match this simple criteria will be removed from the competition. By entering the promotion, you confirm that you are not currently working in the media industry, are not a professional photographer or are not employed by any of the advertised supporting partners or in the World Expeditions Travel Group of companies. Winning the prize does not create a relationship between the winner and the promoter or supporting partners of the competition.
6. The competition winner: The winner will be decided on 18 October 2018 and will be based on a consensus between the Sherpa Van general manager, operations manager and UK marketing manager. The promoter will not go into correspondence about the winner.
7. The prize: The winner will receive 5 (five) times 1 (one) bag transfer on any of the Sherpa Van luggage transfer routes. The bag transfers must be consecutive. Travel insurance, travel costs, accommodation and other ancillary personal costs involved with redeeming the prize are not included and will be the responsibility of the winner. The prize is non-transferable or exchangeable and not redeemable for cash.
8. Marketing: By entering into the photo competition you agree to allow Sherpa Van to use the image and your quote for royalty-free marketing purposes only, including use in our brochure, social media, website or advertising. A photo credit will be supplied where possible but cannot be guaranteed.
9. Enewsletter: The promoter will contact you 1 (one) time after the competition period to inform you about the competition winner and to ask you about receiving further news and updates from the promoter.
10. Original work: By entering an image you are guaranteeing that the image and quote are your original artistic work and do not infringe the rights of any third party, including but not limited to copyright; trademarks; trade secrets; privacy; publicity; personal or proprietary rights. You agree to indemnify the promoter against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of the above guarantees.
11. Invalid entries: Entries not completed in accordance with the rules and conditions or received after the closing date will not be considered. Indecipherable or incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. If your photo and/or quote are not approved for entry by the moderator you will not be notified by email. No correspondence will be entered into.
12. Prize value: Prize values are the recommended retail value as advertised by Sherpa Van on our website and are correct at time of launching this promotion. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
13. Disqualification: If this competition is not capable of running as planned due to any reason whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the promoter, the promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to: (a) disqualify any entrant; and/or (b) subject to any written directions given by a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion as appropriate. The promoter reserves the right to suspend or cancel any account or image from the competition should fraudulent or unfair activity be suspected. The decision of the promoter in such matters is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Withdraw: If you have entered this competition, but have second thoughts, you have a legal right to withdraw your entry. To do so, please, before 15 October 2018, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a private Facebook message on the facebook.com/Sherpavan page with clear information on your entry so that the promoter can locate and erase your entry.
16. Promoter: The competition promoter is Sherpa Van, a division of the World Expeditions Travel Group, 1B Osiers Road, London SW18 1NL, United Kingdom. Registered No: 3179698.