Important Note About
Pennine Way Baggage Transfers
The Pennine Way covers 267 miles / 429 km. To transfer the luggage drivers are covering many miles and therefore we have a range of prices depending on the section you are walking. Baggage movement costs as follows;
Minimum 2 bags per move across the route unless otherwise stated
Edale to Malham: £17.50 per bag per move
Malham to Alston: £9.50 per bag per move
Alston to Greenhead: £28.00 for 1–4 bags per move
Greenhead to Byrness: £9.50 per bag per move
Byrenss to Kirk Yetholm: £20.00 per bag per move
Feel free to browse around our comprehensive database of hotels along the The Pennine Way, but please mention the Sherpa Van Project when you get in touch.
How to use our online booking system
- Choose a town or village where you would like to stop for the night.
- Click on the town name or the map to see a list of accommodation
- Choose your preferred hotel or B&B
- When you see a button like this, click on it to book:
- All bookings are made on a Bed & Breakfast basis
- We book the hotels for you and charge a small booking fee
- You pay the hotels directly as you follow the trail
- We collect your bags (after 8.30am) and deliver them to your next stop (before 4pm)
- Bags must be ready for an 8.30 am collection and we aim to deliver by 4.30 pm
- Bags cannot weigh more than 20 kg and no items can be tied to the side of your bags
By completing the booking process, you are requesting us to book the accommodation on your behalf.
We will endeavor to book the accommodations you have chosen. In some
instances, the accommodation you request may not be available, on these
occasions we will book a suitable alternative for you.. Please note that the information
in our database is supplied by the hoteliers and we take no responsibility for any
inaccuracies. We are,
however, pleased to receive feed back from users.