Important Note About
Pennine Way Baggage Transfers
Baggage moves cost £9.50 per day and are subject to a minimum of two bags. Luggage transfers are now available to Cocklawfoot Farm. Please inform Sherpa at the time of booking that you require this service at a cost of £25 per party, payable to Cocklawfoot Farm at the time of your stay. The last stage between Byreness and Kirk Yetholm is charged as a double stage.
We do not currently transfer baggage on the first 75 miles of the Pennine Way. Our first baggage pick-up point is Malham. Baggage transfer charges calculated for the earlier part of the route will be manually deducted from your payment after you have checked out and you will need to make your own baggage transfer arrangements between Edale and Malham.
Feel free to browse around our comprehensive database of hotels along the The Pennine Way, but please mention the Sherpa Van Project when you get in touch.
How to use our online booking system
- Choose a town or village where you would like to stop for the night.
- Click on the town name or the map to see a list of accommodation
- Choose your preferred hotel or B&B
- When you see a button like this, click on it to book:
- All bookings are made on a Bed & Breakfast basis
- We book the hotels for you and charge a small booking fee
- You pay the hotels directly as you follow the trail
- We collect your bags (after 8.30am) and deliver them to your next stop (before 4pm)
- Bags must be ready for an 8.30 am collection and we aim to deliver by 4.30 pm
- Bags cannot weigh more than 20 kg and no items can be tied to the side of your bags
By completing the booking process, you are requesting us to book the accommodation on your behalf.
We will endeavor to book the accommodations you have chosen. In some
instances, the accommodation you request may not be available, on these
occasions we will book a suitable alternative for you.. Please note that the information
in our database is supplied by the hoteliers and we take no responsibility for any
inaccuracies. We are,
however, pleased to receive feed back from users.