What is the Accommodation Service?
The Sherpa Van Project offers an Accommodation Booking Service on many of Britain's long distance trails and cycle ways, to take all the worry and hassle out of organising your trip. All you need to do is tell us where you would like to stay each night, and we will do the rest.
From £30.00 per person, we will book and confirm all your accommodation for you, and provide you with directions on how to reach them from the trail. You pay the hotels and B&Bs as you follow the trail.
* NB. Baggage transfer is not currently available on the Offa's Dyke
trail, South Downs way, and between Edale and Malham on the Pennine Way
If you would like to order baggage transfers only, please use our baggage booking form.
Click here for help with using this service.
A new window will open so that you can refer to it as you need to.
Click here to read our terms of business before making a booking.
If you would like us to book your accommodation & move your baggage* please click on the drop down menu above and then click on the arrow to proceed.
Campsites & Youth Hostels
Please note that you don't have to be a YHA member to use YHA accommodation, but as a YHA Member you will receive:
- £3 off per night when you book direct. Plus £1.50 off per night for every under 18 travelling with you
- An extra 10% off the Discount Card price at GO Outdoors
- 15% off Cotswold Outdoor
- 10% off at Go Ape
- Up to 20% off Ordnance Survey maps
- £30 off YHA Exclusive Hire bookings
- 10% off 16-25, Family & Friends, Two Together or Senior one-year railcards
- 10% off at Cycle Surgery
- 15% off Snow+Rock
- 15% off Runners Need
- Priority notification on special offers
- You automatically become a member of Hostelling International, which gives you access to over 4,000 hostels worldwide
If you select Youth Hostel accommodation during your walk, you give Sherpa Van the authority to forward your credit or debit card details to the YHA hostel(s) you have selected as all YHA hostels require a card number for advance bookings.
Campsites don't generally need to be booked in advance and many won't take advance bookings. Please indicate when you intend to use a campsite, but be aware that it will not be booked in advance for you